Project title: Rear kitchen extension; conservatory and ground floor shower room
Main contractor: Pride Building Ltd
Project description: The property is a Collins house located in the Bassett conservation area of Southampton. An end of terrace property with a kitchen no longer working for the occupant.
The client’s requirement for the rear extension was to provide:
- A larger kitchen area utilising the window opening as access into the new extension
- A utility area
- New shower room and WC to the ground floor
- More storage and worktop space
- A new conservatory from the dining room as an in-fill between the new extension and the neighbouring extension
Special considerations for the project were:
- Conservation area restrictions
- Matching of materials
- Limited space restrictions
Works undertaken by ghd: ghd were commissioned by the client to design the proposals, obtain statutory consents, carry out contract and project management services to final completion. Works included specification writing, tender processes and procurement of the contractor.