Project title: Architectural services for a replacement conservatory extension and internal alterations and modifications to domestic dwelling in Hamble.
The clients required architectural services to assist with the design of a new ultra modern conservatory to the existing kitchen / dining room and also to open up the area to allow it to flow into the adjacent lounge. This required substantial removal of internal walls.
The brief was to provide improved circulation and light within the property and to modernise the house. The works included:
- Reconfiguration to the kitchen, utility room, living and dining room areas on the ground floor,
- Replacement of the existing balcony to the master bedroom,
- Replacement of the existing conservatory and subsequent new windows and doors.
- External redecorations to the whole property,
- Hard landscaping,
Works undertaken by ghd:
Works included full architectural services from initial design concept to final completion on site (design works, building regulation approval, production of written specification, tender processes and full project and contract management).
- New modern glazed conservatory,
- New modern kitchen (by others following initial spatial considerations),
- New Juliette balcony.