Project title: New 3 Storey Classroom Extension
Main Contractor: Brymor Contractors Ltd
Project description: Itchen College continues to expand year on year resulting in the need for more classroom space. The college has expanded in recent years using portable and temporary classrooms which have proved not ideal.
An area of dead space existed within the year car park / courtyard area which housed two steel portable / temporary classrooms. This has been replaced with a three storey classroom block that amply provides the required accommodation.
Many issues arose during the build that needed to be overcome. These included the complexity of building over an existing area on the top floor, encountering unknown service ducts and overcoming existing reinforcement design where new doorways we required.
- Additional classrooms x 8
- Media room and soundproofed booth
- 2nr office spaces
- Additional Adhoc study area
- Suncatchers – light and ventilation
- Flexible work areas
- Improved lighting and acoustics
- Build-over classroom
- Steel frame structure providing maximum flexibility to change floor layouts
- Sto render cladding
- Thermowood timber decorative panelling